One of the reasons for the popularity of WordPress is the easy to use admin interface. However, for the most part of users, especially those who are not technical savvy, creating pages and posts using the WordPress dashboard is a serious challenge. Fortunately, there are endless useful plugins that can be used for content layout and editing. With quality plugins, you’ll have full control, and will be able to design attractive pages within a short time. With frontend editing plugins, you can play with layout elements such as rows, columns, and sliders, among others.
Why Front End Editing?
In WordPress, you can employ two editing techniques: frontend and backend. Frontend editing saves you of time that you would have used going back and forth while editing your content. It allows you to alter your content and preview them before you publish them. As WordPress admin, author, or someone else with permission to edit content, you’ll absolutely find frontend editing to be easy to use.
Popular WordPress Frontend Editing Plugins
Developers continue to create add-ons to help extend WordPress functionality and among them are frontend editing widgets. There are several of them out there. There are a few that are available for free, while others will cost you money.
Here below are a number of amazing plugins that you can use to edit your WorPress site from the frontend.
Divi Builder is perhaps a popular drag and drop builder for WordPress. It’s super light and loads in seconds. You will find it to be easy to use, amazingly functional, and beautifully designed. But you’ll find DIVI being more than just a website building tool. It’s also a design and marketing tool, with every feature that you require to make your WordPress site a success. From the popular drag and drop interface to advanced functions such as A/B testing, DIVI Builder continues to be the pro-choice for most WordPress users.
Divi comes packed with professional and attractively designed layouts that you can access directly from the user interface. A percentage of these layouts are fully complete website-packs, and what you need to do is add content and get a website.
Divi Builder Main Features
- WYSIWYG frontend & backend functionality for WordPress.
- No computer programming skills required
- Incredibly easy to set up.
- Highly intuitive user-interface.
- Compatible with any WordPress theme.
- Monarch & Bloom plugins come as a bonus.
- 800+ premade designs.
- 40+ website elements.
- Global elements.
- Divi library to help you save your layouts, designs, and modules.
- Split testing functionality.
- 100+ comprehensive website packs.
- Bulk editing capabilities
- Inline text editing
- Undo & redo functionality.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Filterable and searchable settings.
- Customized CSS controls
- Integrates nicely with WooCommerce
- Import/Export options.
Price: Annual and lifetime access cost $89 and $249 respectively. This includes complete chess to plugins, features, all themes, premium support and 30 days money-back guarantee with no questions asked.
Themify offers two editing options for WordPress: frontend and backend. This visual editor avails great features just like most of the top WordPress building and editing tools do. You’ll enjoy its mobile responsiveness, while the multisite support feature also makes Themify attractive.
Depending on your personal preference, you can switch between frontend and backend editing comfortably. Themify frontend editor provides the classic WYSIWYG, which offers an amazing web building and editing experience, so you can view whatever thing you are doing in real-time. This editor provides at least 40 expertly designed layouts, so you can just import and build your pages based on these professional layouts. Within minutes, highly attractive pages on diverse topics can be created quickly with these pre-styled layouts.
Themify Builder Features
• Frontend and backend builder.
• Mobile responsiveness.
• Extendable with addons
• Multisite support.
• Works with all major WordPress themes.
• Has undo/ redo function.
• Easy duplicating.
• Import/export functions.
• Flexible rows & columns.
• Layout parts.
• More than 60 animation-effects.
• Customized styling.
Themify front Page Editor Pricing: The basic version of this builder is free and provides 25+ addons. However, those who may need more add-ons will have to pay $39.
Elementor also ranks high up among the popular frontend WordPress editors that you can use to create an attractive website. it’s famous for ease of use, speed, and clean code. the users of this plugin have rated it quite impressively on WordPress reviews, it has a score of 4.9/5.0. with the kind of features that Elementor provides, you definitely can transform your WordPress experience.
Elementor Major Features
- This Editor Loads Faster, Known for High Speed.
- The Pro Version Offers 24/7 Support.
- This Front-End Editor Has A Superior Auto-Save Functionality.
- It’s Known to Be Super Responsive.
- Undo/Redo Functionality.
- Role Manager.
- Visual-Form Builder.
- Easy Integration with Platforms and Marketing Tools.
- 150+ Templates and Kits.
- WooCommerce Builder.
- Cool Motion Effects & Animations.
- Powerful Custom Positioning.
- Content Lock-Functionality.
- Lightbox Overlay.
- Shape Dividers.
- Social Icons & Share Buttons.
- Evergreen Countdown.
- Star Rating & Reviews.
- Sticky Elements.
- Developer Friendly.
- Tutorials & Other Diverse Learning Materials.
Price: Elementor is priced from $49 for a single website, $99 for 3 websites, and $199 for 1,000 websites. These plans include updates and support for one year.
Beaver builder is a neat and nice front-end editor where WordPress users can design and style their pages without knowing even a single line of code. It has a drop and drag functionality that works superbly well to help you create a stunning website and get your content edited fast and with little effort. The intuitive and user-friendly interface is the reason more than 500,000 websites are using it for various reasons, including front end editing.
Beaver Builder Key Features
- WYSIWYG WordPress front-end builder for WordPress.
- You don’t have to be a coding expert to use Beaver Builder.
- The interface is incredibly intuitive.
It is responsive.
- The entire WordPress community is amazingly helpful.
- There are beautiful premade templates.
- Save and reuse option is provided.
- WooComemrce support is available.
- Shortcode support.
- Export and import functions are available.
- Widget support is provided.
- Translation friendly.
- Social buttons are available.
Price: This general website builder is available in 3 different annual packages: Standard, Pro & Agency and the price is $99, $199, and $399 respectively. These packages come with comprehensive 1-year support and are valid for an unrestricted number of websites
Thrive Architect is a visual page builder, with superior editing abilities, and similar to another high-quality WordPress WYSIWYG. The frontend that this visual editor adds means that you don’t have to deal with the tedious backend editor while building your pages.
You’ll find this plugin aligning with the Thrive Architects’ desire to provide its user with a world-class WordPress experience. Anytime you want to edit using this plugin, several editing options pop-ups and can allow you to do more than you can imagine. With the front-end editor, you actually see what you want to edit, something that not possible when you are working on the backend.
Moreover, you don’t require coding skills to work with the Thrive Architect. Other than being a great editing tool, this WordPress plugin also comes with prepackaged conversion elements that include testimonials, countdown timers, and buttons.
Other Thrive Architect Features include:
- Comprehensive frontend editing tools.
- Mobile responsiveness.
- Compatible with every WordPress theme.
- Smartphone, desktop, and tablet previews.
- Designed to help in speeding up the page-building process.
- 329+ attractive, customizable, and conversion-based landing-page templates.
- Integrates with popular online marketing tools.
- Font customization.
- Hover effects.
- Advanced mobile-customization options.
- Elements and layouts designed for high rates of user engagement.
- Animations & superior mobile-customization options.
Price: Thrive Architect is priced at three levels: $19/month which include the entire range of Thrive plugins & themes, which can be installed in up to 25 websites, unlimited support & product updates. Also available is Thrive Architect’s single license that’s sold for $67.This provides a WordPress site builder for one website. The last option is priced at $97 and provides access to a 5 license-pack of this plugin. One year of comprehensive support and a WordPress editor that can be installed in up to five websites
This is a superior WordPress wiki editor with a fantastic frontend editor. It is compatible with any coded-theme and could also be used with the Elementor page builder plugin.
- Text and media-rich front editor, hence you can add videos, images, and more.
- Allows you to restore your posts to previous versions, especially after editing.
- Allows for front end posting, with on and off features that can be activated/deactivated for various users.
- Offers dynamic capabilities, so you can limit the privileges of various website users.
- SEO optimized and compatible with Yoast SEO plugin.
- Automated table of contents with in-page navigation.
Price: HelpieKB plugin provides a 7-days free trial, to help you download and put the frontend editing plugin to test before you pay for it.
This is an opensource WordPress website builder and editor which you can use to build and also edit your site. The plugin provides a fully functional drag and drop interface and 30+ content-modules to help you design your pages uniquely and with relative ease.
With Live Composer, you are able to create stunning personalized landing pages, home pages, and service pages among others. The builder works exceptionally well with all the WordPress themes, and this helps you avoid investing in a specific paid theme.
Live Composer key Features
- More than 30 content modules.
- Responsive frontend editing.
- 100% visual drag and drop builder.
- Search engine optimized.
- Landing page support is provided.
- Allows for WooCommerce customization.
- Built-in portfolio-preset
Editus, as the name suggests is a well-loaded frontend editing widget for WordPress. It’s developed by the same team which is behind the popular Aesop Story Engine plugin with which it integrates seamlessly.
- It’s s a friendly & intuitive editor that helps to edit your content in real-time.
- Using the frontend, you can add edit & categories and a variety of other tags from the frontend.
- You’ll be able to add more components such as galleries, parallax, chapters, images, and maps, just to name a few.
- The editor is extendible to work on custom fields & custom post types.
- Supports WordPress multisite.
Price: Editus – Frontend Editor for WordPress is priced starting at $99 for 3 websites.
This editor is among the notable frontend editors that allow you to alter and save posts and pages using the WYSIWYG editor, right from the frontend of your website without going to the admin dashboard for small change.
The admin has permissions to access the editor, a feature that can also be accessed by contributors and authors among others. You can style your content to suit your personalized requirements. With this widget, you are able to add images directly from WordPress gallery through drag & drop functionality.
This can be achieved with the help of the upload button. Your featured image can be removed, added, or changed. This frontend editor works at lightning-fast speeds and saves a lot of your design time. The user-friendly interface ensures that anyone, even the starters can use this tool with minimal challenges.
WP Quick Frontend Editor Features
- You can edit content with the visual & responsive editor.
- It’s compatible with major WordPress themes.
- Listing options are made available.
- Capable of generating HTML content.
- Multiple fonts are available.
- Dynamic table generator.
- There are several image resize options that are provided.
- Several text-formatting options are availed.
- 24/7 support.
Visual Composer ranks take the apex slot in popularity among the WYSIWYG editors for WordPress and users don’t require coding knowledge. Those using this frontend tool can edit their blog or website pages in real-time and can preview their results before striking the publish button.
Design options provided by the visual composer include borders, spaces, parallax effects, and background among others. Moreover, Visual Composer avails hundreds of content elements and works quite well with any available WordPress theme. You can switch between themes without losing your content.
- Custom CSS
- WordPress-widgets support
- Global templates
- Responsive design
- It’s compatible with the Yoast SEO plugin.
Having a great looking and professional website is the desire of every WordPress website owner. To be able to achieve this important goal, you’ll need some tools, which come as addons. Frontend editing plugins for WordPress are among the styling tools that can help you edit your content quickly and with less fuss.
But it’s important to know that most editors come with hordes of other features, and not just editing tools and while making a selection, it’s of essence that you get a plugin that’s affordable, that offer responsive design and which is SEO compatible.
A frontend editing widget that allows you to customize your content, and even shift between themes without losing your content is the best. With these WordPress front end editing plugins, you have enough options to select the best editing widget for your website